Evidence has two main methods for capturing data from a source. You can use either a webform or a webhook. If the data source doesn't have native webforms nor the ability to send a webhook, then Parsey (for parsing data from email notifications) or Zapier may be a good option.
But what do you do when the app you're integrating with Evidence has both webforms as well as the ability to send a webhook? How do you decide between the two?
When to Choose Webhook
If the webhook you're choosing has the ability to send a location, i.e. City and State, we'd recommend going this route for a couple of reasons:
1. Configuring webhooks can often times be easier than configuring webforms
2. While both are quite reliable, webhooks are slightly more reliable than webforms
3. Webhooks rarely change, while the code on webforms can be changed by the site owner
4. If the webhook gives you more data than the webform (like the product selected)
Here is a help doc on using a webhook.
When to Choose Webform
The more detail you can add to a notification, the more persuasive and convincing it is. Here's when we'd opt for using a webform over a webhook:
1. The webhook doesn't contain location data. Evidence can detect the location of the website visitor, even if fields like City and State are not included in the webform.
2. The webhook is missing important values like the First Name, or Email value (used to look up a gravatar)
Here is a help doc on using a webform.
Ultimately, the choice is yours. And having the ability to choose is awesome. These tips should point you in the right direction.
Create Your Free Evidence Account
Increasing your website's conversions isn't always black and white. With so many ways, it can be confusing where to start. Evidence makes this easy. Within a few minutes, you can have real-time social proof added your site and boosting conversions from 10-15%.
Social proof is the best way to build trust and increase buyer urgency. With a free trial to Evidence, you can adding add high-converting notifications to your website. Your free trial includes:
- Unlimited Domains
- Unlimited Notifications
- Conversion Notifications
- Hot Streak Notifications
- Visitor Count Notifications
- Offer Notifications
- Announcement Notifications
- Boomerang Tabs
- Powerful Design Editor
- Best-in Class Display Options
There is no long-term obligation. If you don't see results, simply cancel. Visit Evidence.io and create your trial account today.
If you ever need help sending data to Evidence, check out Parsey.com.