This article will show you how to create a webhook URL for a data source to use within an Evidence notification.
Log into Evidence, and click "Sources".
Click the + button.
Follow these steps to configure the source:
- Give your Source a name. This is typically the name of the location that will be sending the data. (i.e. Zapier)
- Select "WebHook Received".
- Click "Create".
This is the Webhook URL that you will need your source to send the data to. Click "Copy". Until Evidence has received a webhook at that URL, it will be 'Listening' (waiting) for one.
To find out how to configure your source to send Evidence a webhook, visit our
Help Center and search for the name of your source!
If you've already found the article to integrate your source, and it linked you to this one, you can go back to that article now.
Once Evidence has received a webhook at the above URL, customize the data that can be pulled from the webhook to display in the notification. Follow these steps:
- Click “Add a field” and select the fields from the form that will need to be used later. The best practice is to use at least the fields in the image below.
- Categorize or delete any of the fields that you have selected.
- Use the toggle at the top of the window to turn the source "ON"
All done! You have successfully integrated your configured your source to send data for use within an Evidence Notification.