Are you a developer looking to integrate with Evidence.io? This article will walk you through Everything you will need to do in order to do that.
Benefits of integrating with Evidence
- Your customers will see higher conversions (more leads, bookings, sales, signups, etc.)
- Higher conversions with your product means higher retention metrics for your company
- Referral traffic to your website from the Evidence Integration listing and support doc
Software apps that already have the ability to send a webhook when events occur in their app, are able to integrate with Evidence within a few minutes, with little to no work involved. Other apps may require 1-2 hours of development to build an integration with Evidence. Watch the video below and read the additional instructions to easily integrate with Evidence.
Explainer Video - How to Integrate with Evidence
- An input field in your UI for a webhook URL (json is preferred)
- The ability for end-users to select the types of events to send a webhook on
- The ability for end-users to select which fields are included in the webhook
When choosing the data that will be included in the webhook, consider the end result being a unique social proof notification. Here's an example notification:
How the Information is Used
- Name: we use the real first name to personalize the notification
- Email: we look up the gravatar image for this person to humanize the notification
- Location: we include the city/state/country to legitimize the notification
- Action: we can merge specific actions taken to varietize the notifications
- Product Image: we use dynamic product images to customize the notification
Basically, we enjoy a lot of "ize-ing" on our cake and you can help by sending Evidence as many details as possible in your webhook. These high-converting notifications will thank you.
Once you're successfully sending webhooks from your app to Evidence, let us know about it. We'd love to add you to our Evidence Integrations page and if it makes sense, do a case study or blog post about the integration.
While direct integrations via webform or webhook are preferred, there are other fallback options if your customers wish to publish activity on their website or landing page using Evidence, and you do not have the ability to send us a webhook directly from your app.
If your app has the ability to send a transaction email each time and event occurs, users can use Parsey to parse the data out of the email, then have Parsey send a webhook to Evidence.
If you've already taken the time to integrate your app with Zapier, the data can go from your app to Zapier, then Zapier can send a webhook to Evidence.
- Display First Name and Last Initial in a Conversion Notification
- Which Form Submission method should I use?
- Advanced Form Submit Method: Div Clicked
Create Your Free Evidence Account
Increasing your website's conversions isn't always black and white. With so many ways, it can be confusing where to start. Evidence makes this easy. Within a few minutes, you can have real-time social proof added your site and boosting conversions from 10-15%.
Social proof is the best way to build trust and increase buyer urgency. With a free trial to Evidence, you can adding add high-converting notifications to your website. Your free trial includes:
- Unlimited Domains
- Unlimited Notifications
- Conversion Notifications
- Hot Streak Notifications
- Visitor Count Notifications
- Offer Notifications
- Announcement Notifications
- Boomerang Tabs
- Powerful Design Editor
- Best-in Class Display Options
There is no long-term obligation. If you don't see results, simply cancel. Visit Evidence.io and create your trial account today.
If you ever need help sending data to Evidence, check out Parsey.com.